Thursday, January 5, 2012

Achieving our Goals!


Have you ever set a goal for that year, like the beggining of the year and you really want to achieve it but by the end of January something happened and you stopped or wasn't able to obtain it?...yep, that has definetly happened to me! Elder Ballard, of the Quorum of the Twelve apostles, shares some insights that can help us to be able to reach those goals.

"You must cultivate a desire to develop the skill of setting worthy and realistic goals."

We need to realize that the goals we set are not too high or low. For me, I have set goals and now that I think were too high and that's why I was not able to accomplish them. As we think about the goals that we set and push ourselves a little we will be able to accomplish. We need to have the desire as well. One scripture I like about desire is Alma 34:27 "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words."

"When you set a goal and commit yourself to the necessary self-discipline to reach that goal, you will eliminate most of the problems in your life. Spend your energies doing those things that will make a difference. We have to have faith. We have to have faith in God. We have to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. And oh, how desperately we have to have faith in ourselves."

As we follow Elder Ballards's invitation, I can promise you that through Christ all things are possible and that we will be able to reach any goal that we set.



No comments:

Post a Comment