Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Beginnings



Hi! My name is Elder Cabera and as you can tell on the background of my Blog I have pictures of the Ruins in Tikal, Guatemala. I'm actually from there but about 3 hours from Tikal. I grew up in San Juan which is about 30 mins from the Capital, Guatemala City. I love Guatemala and its places and people. My family decided to move to the United States when I was about 13 because my dad had found a job. We moved to the Windy City, Chicago. At first It was really hard because of the languagre barrier I had. I did not speak any English and It was really tough at the beginning. Well we lived there for about 3 years and we decided to move down to Charleston, SC.  I like it there because It's warm and I basically finish high school there. I have a brother and a sister and I am the eldest of my family.

About 4 months ago I found out I was coming to Montana to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. I was surprise at the beginning to come to this state because the farthest west I have been to is Chicago. So I'm here and I love Montana, especially the people. They are really nice and outgoing. I am currently in Bozeman, MT and I am excited to teach people about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So why did I decided to go on a mission? Ever since I was a little kid I wanted to serve a mission. I grew up in the Church and whenever I saw missionaries I would picture myself one day being just like them. I love the Church and especially the Gospel and what it can do to families and individuals. In my life It has blessed me and my family. We are all children of our Hevenly Father and I know He wants the best for us. He has the love for us and has given us the Gospel of Jesus Christ so we can follow him and one day be able to return to Him.

I know this Church is true and the teachings and principles It teaches are true as well. We have a prophet today, President Monson who guides us and directs us. I also know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know I can live with my family once more and not just in this life but the next to come. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment